Thursday, October 4, 2007

Volunteer Visits and pictures!

Here are a few more pictures. We hope that you enjoy!


Alex and me in my training town.

A typical meal in Nicaragua. See the

rice and beans.... I eat them EVERY day

for lunch..... and dinner.... and for a snack....

This is me and my host sister Amanda Sofia.

She is two and she LOVES to listen to my music.


Here is a picture of Alex and me during the

Independence Day parade. The building is a

Catholic church- the biggest and nicest building in the city.

Here is the parade. Boys carry drums

and girls get to twirl things.

We successfuly hade our first volunteer visits. Alex went to Chinandega and I went to Leon. Both places are VERY hot. However, the scenery was beautiful and the experience was really beneficial for us to see what other volunteers do. My first day we went to the beach which was really fun. However, it seems as though I got a bacterical infection (the first of many I am sure) and I had to pull the taxi over on the way to the beach and squat in a cow field..... I am sure that it will not be the first time. We both had really informative visits because we go to live with another volunteer and visit the schools with them. We are now VERY anxious and excited to get to our site. Alex and I hope for ALOT of visitors because there are SO many cool places that we can take people to visit. This Saturday we are going to Volcano Masaya. We will be sure to post some cool pictures. Hope you enjoy the ones above!

No comments: